The campaign’s aim is to improve your pupil’s understanding of what it means to be test ready and how they can assess their readiness. If they are not ready, they will be encouraged to delay their test. It also aims to help reduce the number of tests that are wasted.
We know 89% of learners and 70% of parents say that you are the biggest influence over pupils when it comes to them assessing their test readiness.
With that in mind, we have created this communications toolkit to help you communicate with your pupils and their parents about the campaign’s messages and aims, and the ‘Ready to Pass?’ resources.
Insight used to develop the campaign
Our research shows:
- only 53% of learners say they felt ‘completely prepared’ for their first driving test
- only 35% of learners strongly agree that they would only ever take their driving test if they felt completely safe to drive on their own
- 1 in 10 of people who failed their test say that the reason the failed their test was because they were nervous
- 1 in 5 of people who failed their test say that the reason they failed their test was because they made a silly mistake
- 1 in 5 of people who failed their test say that the reason the failed their test was because they were marked too harshly
- 71% of parents would like more information on the knowledge, skills, and practice needed to be a good driver
- 67% of parents feel the learning to drive process is more difficult than when they learnt to drive